Fancy food is always a pleasure to eat. Pizza is not often considered as fancy food. However, it is the worlds best comfort food. At Pizza na Pedra you get an amazing pizza but that’s not all. You also get some great service and all the tips you might need for exploring Olhao and it’s surroundings.
Table of Contents
Pizza na Pedra
The pizzas at Pizza na Pedra have quite a thick crust. Usually, I’m not a big fan of that – I prefer my pizza crust thin. But the pizza we got here was really good! I chose a pepperoni pizza and Mini got a Hawaii. He loves his pineapple on food!
The pizzeria is located just on the opposite side of the harbor in Olhao. If you for some reason don’t want to eat at the pizzeria, you can take it with you!
The friendliest staff ever
But even if Italian is not your type of food this place has the best staff so that by itself makes it worth a visit. Our waiter gave us tons of information and tips on what to do while in Olhao. And there is no better way than to get information from a local. He made sure that we had everything we needed and more.
And even if the restaurant’s name is Pizza na Pedra, the places serve pasta and Italian food as well. Best of all is that you get your food with you in a doggy bag if you don’t finish it at the restaurant.
Fun facts about pizza
Since we are writing about pizza – here are some fun facts that I ran into and that I would like to share with you:
- 36 percent of all pizza orders want their pizza topping to be pepperoni. That was what I ordered!
- Pizza accounts for 10 percent of all food service sales in the world.
- More than 5 billion pizzas are sold worldwide each year. That’s a lot of pizzas!
- Pizzerias represent 17 percent of all restaurants – believe it or not!
- 36 percent of people consider pizza the perfect breakfast. Mini and I are part of that percentage.
- Eating pizza once a week can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer. Well, that’s fantastic news!
Information about Pizza na Pedra
Address: Av. 5 de Outubro 50, 8700-302 Olhão, Portugal.
Opening hours: Daily 11.00 – 23.00.