Digital Nomads love Gran Canaria, that’s a fact! So much so that they even arrange conferences and workshops at the beginning of November. It’s all about working from locations you love. Today there are so many opportunities and by joining the Nomad City convention – you are bound to change your mind and see a lot of new opportunities.
Table of Contents
Nomad City in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Between November 7:th to 9:th, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria will be crowded with digital nomads from all over the world. The tickets are up for grabs and we can promise that you will leave the event with new energy, motivation and you will be ready to really start living your dream. Listening to other people that made it as digital nomads and getting tips from them will give your own ideas of how you could grow.
During the event, you will attend several workshops, conference, networking games, meetups, welcome and farewell party. A huge extra is that you will also get access to their Remote Jobs Program. This is a great opportunity to get yourself motivated and start working as a digital nomad. Or, if you already are one, you will get new ideas and expand your business.
The best job in the world
Mini and I work full time as digital nomads and we wouldn’t change it for the world. Being able to travel the world while making a living doing so is a dream come true. However, we work a lot, even if people don’t really get that. A lot of our friends and readers think that we are just playing around and exploring the world. They don’t see all the work that goes into it and what work we are still putting into it on a daily basis.
If we would attend the digital nomad event in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria I would have focused on getting answers to an important question. How do you get time off? I mean, no one can work all day every day and we don’t do that either. But when we aren’t sitting by the computer or visiting places, we are planning on what to publish next, what magazine to pitch ideas to and where to go next. We are never really off and I would like to talk to some successful people of how to balance that!
Digital Nomads love Gran Canaria – A well-oiled machine
This is not something that Nacho Rodriguez (founder of the event) just threw together. First of all, this event has been going on each year since 2016. This shows that it is a successful event that makes people connect. I can’t even imagine the contacts you create while visiting this event. We contacted the creator of this event and asked him a couple of questions.
I wanted to know why you should go to Gran Canaria and visit the event. It takes a lot of commitment to book an event abroad (if you are not living on the island). But we do think that if you are planning on becoming a digital nomad or if you are already in the business, this is a place for you. Real people and speakers sharing their stories and teaching their best tricks. Let’s check what Nacho Rodriguez has to say:
What made you come up with the idea of creating this event?
– Nomad City started in 2016 as a way to start promoting Gran Canaria as a destination for digital nomads and remote workers. The first event allowed us to generate a lot of content that was very useful to start changing the perception of the destination, as Gran Canaria has much more to offer than just sun and beach. As the event moves toward the fourth edition, it has become a reference in Europe for the quality of the content and speakers covering different topics related to location-flexible work.
Why is Gran Canaria a good place for digital nomads?
– Gran Canaria has some natural values that position it as a prime location for digital nomads and remote workers. Some of them are:
- High Internet Speed
- Affordable City compared to many other large European Cities.
- A large community of remote workers and expats.
- Lots of coworking spaces and co-livings to choose from.
- Plenty of direct flight connections with other cities in Europe.
What can the people that attend expect to take away from the experience?
– Nomad City is a great opportunity to join the future of location-flexible work. This means that professionals learn from experienced remote-work advocates how to manage their businesses or profession with full flexibility of time and location.
What is, according to you, the best thing about the event and Gran Canaria as a place for digital nomads?
– The best value of the event is to learn and network with a large community of professionals in a very authentic way while enjoying Gran Canaria just as locals do.
Our lives as digital nomads
We have been full-time digital nomads for three, going on four years now. It was a tough decision to make. We both had good jobs and becoming digital nomads meant to not know how much money we would earn each month. For people not following us, I’m a journalist and I write for several different magazines in Sweden. Its mainly travel magazines and motorhome magazines. Mini is a photographer so we work as a team.
We live full time in a motorhome so we are really nomads for real. We go wherever the magazines want articles about or wherever we feel like. I can be in Prague, writing about Poland so this gives us great freedom. The best part is just that, freedom! The hardest part is that we don’t have an off button. We are always working even if we aren’t. Looking for the next big thing, coming up with new ideas and new things to write about. It’s a great life and we wouldn’t change it for anything. However, we would love to hear from other digital nomads and how they work, what they do and how their mindset is! Visiting the event is a great way to get more information!
Our tips for people that want to become digital nomads
- Attend the event in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and get information, inspiration and knowledge.
- Make a plan on what you want to do and how you will do so that it works for you.
- Don’t be afraid of failing. If you don’t try, you will never know what could’ve been.
- Set small goals for yourself (something that Mini and I are trying to becoming better at).
- Be prepared to work hard to achieve your dreams.
- Go for it!
A sneak peek of what you will learn if you attend the digital nomad’s event
- The Freelance Marketplace: Finding clients online.
- Train yourself when working from home, how to stay ahead of the competition.
- Growing a Remote Business: Challenges and advantages.
- Getting US Clients for a Business Managed from the Canary Islands.
- Remote Opportunities: What do companies look for?
So if you are ready to make a change in your life… get your tickets to the Digital Nomads Love Gran Canaria event now!
And if you can’t make it to the event, you can still get all the information by getting the videos from the different workshops and the conference. There is no excuse to not starting with your new life right now!